Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Books



I was surrounded by books from day one. My Mom, Sister, Brother, and Grandfather all love to read. Mom was a Librarian, so I also grew up in the library. My sister was "the reader." You would think that I loved to read also. Nope, not really. I liked the way the books looked. Mom's older collection in this picture are my favorite. Not to read, but as decoration. I wanted these books because of the colors and gold writing on the spine. When Mom moved, she gave them to me. Wasn't that nice! Why? Because I have three girls who love to read. They are too young to read these books, but in time I am sure they will ask. Now that I think about it, my oldest could read them. I am really proud of how well they read. I have to admit, as I have gotten older I have become a reader. It really began when I was in the Navy. I was so alone, that reading was a good way to spend my time. I am not like Mom, she can read 3 books at once and not get them confused. I also do not like to stop in the middle of a book. When I look at my bookshelves, I feel pleased that I have a large collection of pretty books. One day I will read them.

1 comment:

  1. I love to use books as decorations, too! I remember that you recommended books to the guys when you were in the Navy. The one you liked best was The Giver by Lois Lowry. I was so proud of you. In a way, you were acting as a librarian -- recommending and lending books!

    ReplyDelete