Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tink


Tink is our Border Collie. We got her 3 years ago from the humane society in South Carolina. I was going to adopt my niece, Whitney, and she wanted Tink. She had a connection with her. Adam and I decided we would let her join our family. Things fell through with the adoption, and Whitney had to go back to Oklahoma. It was too late for Tink though, she was ours. She wasn't the best dog to begin with. She had accidents, she barked, and would not calm down. That was 3 years ago.

Now, Tink is my baby. Adam has trained her to not bark. She has calmed down with age, and we know her schedule so she doesn't have accidents anymore. She makes me laugh. Has so much patience for Booty and the girls. Booty is so much smaller than her, but Tink amuses her by playing tug. Tink knows she could take the toy away, but it is more fun to let Booty try. It is fun for me to watch. The girls love to throw the Kong for her. Almost as much as she likes fetching it. When she is done, she lays down under the patio table.

She spends most of her time at the window next to our front door. From that point she can see everything. The birds, rabbits, squirrels, and neighborhood cats that play drive her crazy. I know exactly when the girls are home because her tail starts wagging. If she whines, that means Adam is home. She has a huge hold on my heart, and this picture is half as pretty as she is.

1 comment:

  1. Tink is lucky to have found your family and you to have found her -- she is a beautiful soul, as this photo portrays! Annie

    ReplyDelete